Kill "new file" sidebar

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 16:31:06 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 15:16, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> >> Alas, that will disable Ctrl-N ("New file" menu item) as well, because
> >> they are part of the same plugin.
> >
> > Right. Please nuke the sidebar. The plugin itself still has some utility,
> > but the sidebar mainly takes up space.
>
> Ok, I'll do this.
I think the icon and explanatory text should appear for whichever file type is
select in the new file dialog. They are currently in the side tab, but not on
the open box. Also I see that the side tab has no way of saying whether or
not you want the file included in the project.

> > It's already possible to hide the sidebar, btw - see the global settings.
> > Removing the code would be preferable, of course.
>
> BTW, is there a way to programmatically invoke global settings dialog, and
> open it on specific page? If yes, I'll add "Configure templates" button to
> the "New file" dialog.
If anything is to be changed, it should open the project option for editing
the project specific template, because that is what will be added to the
project, not the global one.

-- Richard