Kill "new file" sidebar

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 17 10:57:04 UTC 2006

On Friday 17 February 2006 08:07, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Some time ago we've reached rough agreement that the "new file" sidebar is
> not very useful, and the same functionality is available from menu.
>
> See:
>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.kdevelop/14118
>
> and specifically:
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.kdevelop/14130
>    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.kdevelop/14190
>
> That did not resulted in any code change, anyway. To put the question
> straight -- will anyone object if I go ahead, and remove the "new file"
> sidebar on the KDevelop 3.4 branch? Of course, the "Ctrl-N" functionality
> won't be touched at all.
We don't have to remove it, why not just disable it in the default profile for
C++? At the moment every single plugin is enabled by default in every
profile, except the ruby one where I've disable a couple of the superfluous
File list options. I agree we certainly need to exercise some more editorial
control over excess plugins.

-- Richard