kdev-pg: Token definitions

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Wed Feb 8 18:30:08 UTC 2006

Hi Jakob!

On Wednesday 08 February 2006 18:00, Jakob Petsovits wrote:
> Good idea, I'll try to do that. But it needs to be optional.
cool :-)

> Hmm... to me this looks very much like a lexer replacement. ANTLR has a
it's a bit more complicated than that :-) of course you can use LL(K) to
tokenize the buffer, but my feeling is it will make the things very slow :-)
you know.. recursive function call, and so on..

of course in future we can integrate a scanner generator in kdev-pg. I'd love
to specify the regular expression that recognize the token in kdev-pg, but to
do that we have to provide:
  1) a better way to generate/manipulate DFAs
  2) support to minimize DFA
  3) .. and backtracking to simulate the DFA

ciao robe

Roberto Raggi - roberto at kdevelop.org
KDevelop http://www.kdevelop.org