Java parser update: thesis roundup

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Wed Feb 1 15:07:05 UTC 2006

Hi folks,

I just wanted to put out the notice that the kdevelop-pg Java parser is now
complete both technically and with respect to my university course.
(Well, technically it has been quite sufficient for a while.)

I'm not sure if I should work on KDevelop integration or improve some
not-so-comfortable stuff in kdevelop-pg, but either way I'm free to help out
for the February.

The thesis also includes some kind of wrap-up paper, which is available at
http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0127236/thesis/ for your reading pleasure.
(Pleasure? Ah, right.) While my scientific writing skills certainly won't
make me an academic researcher soon and also my English still needs to
improve a lot, I think that with a few adaptions or even in its current state
the document can make a good introduction into grammar development with
kdev-pg.

Also available at this location are tarballs of
- The parser (in addition to the stuff which is already in SVN, the tarballs
contain a batch test script, a making-of log, and a version of kdevelop-pg
with my correctness patches applied - Roberto: any chance to get these
officially approved for upstream inclusion?) and
- javawalk, a small utility reconstructing the original Java code from the
abstract syntax tree. With a bit of additional polish, this could maybe be
used as a reformatter, but then I don't give much about that.

So, that's that. I will try to get the thesis into docbook form so that it can
be included either into KDevelop apidox or some other place on the net.

See you,
  Jakob