Debugger MI port

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Wed Feb 1 14:02:08 UTC 2006

Hi Vladimir,

On Monday 30 January 2006 13:37, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Hi,
> I've just created a branch for the work to make KDevelop's debugger
> frontend use gdb's MI protocol, as opposed to command line protocol.
This is a very good news for KDevelop ;-) Thanks a lot Vladimir!

> Of course, there are downsides. MI at the moment is immature protocol and
> has certain omissions. The documentation is pretty weak as well. However I
> hope I'll be able to workaround this.
Yeap we know that :( I saw you're using the GDB/MI prototype I wrote a couple
of years ago. Do you have any plan to switch to a better implementation of
GDB/MI? maybe something we can share with other projects too. If I'm not
getting wrong there is a GDB/MI parser developed by the GDB community.. Maybe
we can use that one.

> The branch is:
>
>     http://websvn.kde.org/branches/work/kdevelop-debugger-mi/
>
> At the current state you can set breakpoint on main, run the program, step
> though it, and watch variables. Breakpoints are half-broken, everything
> else was not tested, and the only testcase I've tried with is:
wow!

ciao robe