Problem building 3.3.94

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Dec 21 07:51:43 UTC 2006

On Thursday 21 December 2006 01:01, Nick Savoiu wrote:
> Hmm, if the code can be wrangled to compile with --enable-final then
> why not make it the default mode afterwards? Then any checkin that
> breaks it can be more easily identified?

Because as I heared it doesn't work on all platforms and
actually --enable-final can hide bugs, like a missing inclusion.
Not talking about the fact that for daily developing this is not
preferred, as even if you change one file, you need to recompile a
bunch of them.
But before releasing the product, it should be checked that it works
with --enable-final.

Andras