[request for approval] new small and useful kdevelop 3.4 feature

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Dec 15 04:47:19 UTC 2006

On Thursday 14 December 2006 17:38, Flavio Castelli wrote:
> I've wrote a small patch for kdevelop 3.4 that adds a filtering option
> to class browser.
> Using this feature you can filter the class browser elements, showing only
> items matching a specified text.
>
> It's something similar to the filtering option found in amarok collection
> browser or in kmail.
>
> Here you can find some screenshots of kdevelop and this feature:
> http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kdevelopclassfilter02vm9.jpg
> http://img141.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kdevelopclassfilter01pb6.jpg
>
> I've seen that the release of KDevelop 3.4 was planned for yesterday
> (14/Dec/2006), so kdevelop is in feature-freeze status.
> The patch is stable and works fine, so I would like to know when I can
> commit it.
>
> In the meantime here are the diff files (against kdevelop 3.4 branch). All
> changes are made into kdevelop/parts/classview directory.
>
> Thanks in advance
> 	Flavio Castelli

It will have to wait until KDevelop 3.4.0 is released. Currently, we're on RC
2 (which i just packaged yesterday and am waiting for the ftp masters to move
to the right place), so it'll probably be another month or two before it can
be committed.

In the mean time, it can be reviewed by others and they can offer feedback. I
have no objections to it going in once the freeze is lifted a bit.

Thanks
--
Matt