variables view auto-lowering (Was: Remarks on 3.3.93)

Mon Dec 11 17:02:34 UTC 2006

On Monday 11 December 2006 21:53 IST, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> And unfortunately, the auto-hide feature was removed on SVN HEAD, because
> with it, if you move variables window to bottom of the window, it will
> then reappear on the left edge, due to bugs in KMDI.

Sorry, i did not know that. I would then rather push for bug fixes in KMDI
or rather hope KDE4 come out sooner! :-) I much prefer the simple view for
everything else, especially screen real-estate.

> In fact, I'm not not sure which is more important -- auto-hide or keeping
> the position.

To me position would be more important. On a widescreen, i like to have the
variables view on the right and any other related contextual view to the
left. Its a matter of taste (and screen dimensions :).

Thank you all for this great app! :)
--
Cheers!
kitts