Driver class

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Tue Dec 5 01:55:58 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 December 2006 13:52, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 21:44, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I'm starting to get confused. There seem to be quite a mess in the
> > way these *Driver classes are used. We have one Driver class in the
> > lib/cppparser, which for whatever reason is installed thus public, so
> > BC should be kept.
>
> [crap deleted[
>
> Do you have a brown paper bag? ;-)

You can have mine. /me hands over a brown paper bag.

> I got confused about the inclusion style and the fact that there is a
> driver.h/cpp but for java...
>
> Ok, I will try to find a way to share the setup() code using QProcess
> between the different Driver subclasses without breaking BC.
>
> Andras

You can break BC. KDevelop 4 will be the first version of KDevelop to actually
keep BC after it's released.

I'm not sure what sharing the setup() code using QProcess between the
different Driver subclasses will gain us, other than just more developer
resources spent on KDevelop 3.4.x rather than on KDevelop 4.
--
Matt