Using antlr for kdev4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 13:40:29 UTC 2006

On 04.12.06 14:15:17, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2006 12:15, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> > The biggest problem with kdev-pg is, that the AST it generates doesn't
> > allow for modifications, which means I'd have to think about other ways
>
> This is not a limitation. It's a feature!

For the qmake parser its important that I can change it, else I'd have
to steadily reparse the .pro files and rebuild the UI. Of course I can
build my own AST by using a visitor on the generated one.

> The AST needs to be read only!

Could you elaborate a bit? I'm just curious.

> take a look at //kdevelop-pg/include/kdev-pg-replacement.h if you want
> to do something with the AST

Not sure what the classes there are doing, but I have to admit that I'm
not very familiar with templates (yet). And currently it looks as if
bison/flex might prove to be sufficient.

You will visit the Dung Pits of Glive soon.