Support for distributed compiling in Kdevelop ( ask for help )

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Dec 4 00:45:27 UTC 2006

On 04.12.06 00:16:41, Kanniball wrote:
> On Monday 04 December 2006 00:00, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > On Monday 04 December 2006 00:52, Kanniball wrote:
> > > After spent hours bugging people on irc ( no my nick is not Kanniball ;)
> > > ) I've decided to post here a call for help.
> > > I know that devs are always busy, and sometimes answer this kind of
> > > questions is not very pleasant.
> > > My propose is to add support for both distcc and icecream.
> > > But first of all, how should this be implemented, as a plug-in? as a
> > > build tool?
> > > Any gentle example to help?
> > > Kdevelop is a code monster to fight, so I need some light to point me in
> > > the rigth direction.
> > >
> > > For now the main problem is the "way" this must be implemented, I think,
> > > so please fire your thoughts.
> > >
> > > Thanks for atention!
> >
> > What does it need more than "make -j4" ?
> >
> We need to set CC as distcc/icecream and make ensure that any buildtool use
> them, I think.

Hmm, thats only for C++ right? Then the "proper" place would be the C++
language part, however I'm not sure wether it can find out the group to
use for make environment variables.

The problem is that environment variables for autotools projects are set
inside <kdevautoproject><make>, while the ones for qmake projects (for
example) are inside <kdevtrollproject><make> and for custom makefiles
its <kdevcustomproject><make>

You will inherit millions of dollars.