Using antlr for kdev4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Dec 3 02:15:42 UTC 2006

On 01.12.06 13:16:21, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> Ok, so how about this: I'll give flex/bison another try the next 2 days,

Hehe,

seems I was nearly successful. I haven't tested on the Qt4 projects, but
I think the qmake parser parses nearly everything the existing kdev3.4
parser can.

However I know of 2 bugs already:
1. We can't parse foobar() : {
  This probably needs another grammar rule only
2. We can parse
SOMEVAR = value \#comment
 othervalue
but we discard "othervalue" completely. QMake itself already chokes on
the \# but I don't know at the moment how to raise an error there.

Also the current AST nodes need some more work to extract whitespace
around strings and to store those apropriately.

But I think this thing isn't too bad for my first flex/bison parser.

Alex, Jakob if you want to have a look at it, please bear in mind that
I'm still quite low on the learning curve ;)

Time to be aggressive.  Go after a tattooed Virgo.