Need for KDevelop Assistant

Alexander Dymo dymo at mk.ukrtelecom.ua
Fri Aug 25 06:52:06 UTC 2006

On Friday 25 August 2006 03:22, Matt Rogers wrote:
> What need is there for KDevelop Assistant with KDevelop 4. IMHO, we don't
> need to be providing a seperate program just so people can use
> documentation. My idea currently is to provide something different within
> the new perspective stuff that's coming in the UI if people really want to
> view their
> documentation full screen.
It was done as separate application just to make it load fast and don't load
anything else. The reason is to allow people who are not using KDevelop
load only KDevAssistant and allow people who are using KDevelop load
help as another program/window.

I've seen both those cases used more than just documentation plugin
in KDevelop so we'd probably have to maintain assistant in 4.x too.