Message (un)freeze for KDE 3.5.5

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue Aug 8 09:50:37 UTC 2006

Am Dienstag, 8. August 2006 11:31 schrieb Amilcar do Carmo Lucas:
> Hello,
>
> Development in the KDE/3.5 branch of KDevelop has stopped.
> The development has moved to the kdevelop/3.4 branch that was
> created in October 2005.
>
> We plan to do a KDevelop 3.4 beta 2 release today.
> And we think that KDevelop 3.4 will be ready for release by mid/end
> September.
>
> Is it possible to ship KDevelop 3.4.0 with KDE 3.5.5 ?

If you put it into KDE/3.5 by that time, I have no problem with it (I'd ask
the documentation writers / translators if they are ok with that plan). From
my point of view the same argument than with kopete applies: the maintenance
nightmare we get with updating versions in a service pack is comparable with
the maintenance nightmare with releasing and maintaining two distinct kdevelop
versions at the same time. So pick the smaller problem - and if I understand
the situation correctly it would mean to merge the kdevelop 3.4 branch into
3.5 as soon as possible and not earlier than you can asure you'll meet the
3.5.5 deadlines.

Greetings, Stephan