Project loading problems

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sat Aug 5 18:05:34 UTC 2006

On Monday 31 July 2006 18:29, Matt Rogers wrote:
> On Monday 31 July 2006 10:03, mwoehlke wrote:
> > Matt Rogers wrote:

> > > how large is the output? i might be able to find a place for you to put
> > > it
> >
> > All three combined and bzip2'd are 3873340 (just under 3.7 MB). If
> > nothing else, I'd be happy to simply e-mail it to you, but that probably
> > is not the best solution for your end.
>
> bzip2 file requested to be sent to me off list.
> --
> Matt

I've done what I can with the callgrind traces and have eliminated the mime
type comparisons from the 3.4 branch in subversion. Please let me know if
this speeds things up for you since it's about the only thing I can do for
kdevelop 3.4. The other bottlenecks that I saw in my own traces were memory
allocations and the lexer, which is being replaced for KDevelop 4 anyways.
--
Matt