KDE/kdevelop/lib

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Apr 30 14:46:09 UTC 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 02:08, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Saturday 29 April 2006 21:32, Matt Rogers wrote:
> > SVN commit 535541 by mattr:
> >
> > add internal copy of threadweaver for visibility fixes
>
> Some comments here:
> - this is against what was discussed on the IRC (no private copy of
> threaweaver)

this is only temporary. i tried adding the visibility support directly to
threadweaver but took the easy way out when i ran into some issues. see
below.

> - why not fix the visibility issues in the "main"  threadweaver? Other
> projects will benefit of the fixes and this is not something anybody
> should be afraid to add to a "3rd party" project. I do it regularly for
> amarok and k3b, altough I don't know they code. ;-)

because ThreadWeaver is a Qt only project and I want to talk to Mirko before
just adding a bunch of crap to it. Currently, threadweaver inherits our build
system config parameters. I'm not really sure how the configure checks for
visibility will work for threadweaver due to the way it's embedded in our
code. Basically, it's a build system issue.

> - lease read the  "KDE_EXPORT question" thread on core-devel, it says
> something how this should be done properly (to work on win32 as well).

I did read it. When the win32 guys start in on KDevelop, they can fix it.
AFAIK, none of us are hacking KDevelop on win32 so at this point, I'm not
concerned about it. I just wanted it to build and wasn't concerned about it
not building on the other not-*nix platforms.
--
Matt