Platform split

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sun Apr 30 04:56:05 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'd like to start performing the split of the platform from the kdevelop
module. Here's the plan I intend to follow:

- wait for the next snapshot to occur
- have a trunk/KDE/kdevplatform module created in SVN. This will hold all the
platform stuff. For now, we'll start small with the libraries, and the
current kdevelop shell implementation and go from there.
- move all the currently agreed upon stuff on the wiki (see the platform
definition page off of the main page for more info) into the platform module.

Please speak up soon if you have objections, comments, or questions. The next
snapshot might happen as soon as this coming Monday, and if so, I'll be
moving quickly after to create the platform module
--
Matt