KDE/kdevelop/src

Jens Herden jens at kdewebdev.org
Sat Apr 29 06:47:07 UTC 2006

On Saturday 29 April 2006 02:59, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Friday 28 April 2006 21:15, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > On Friday 28 April 2006 18:55, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > > I understand, but why don't we just all start using trunk? KDevelop
> > > requires only kdelibs trunk. KDEWebDev could also depend on trunk
> > > IMHO.
> >
> > Good luck trying to convince everybodt, when the trunk has a release tag
> > like "XXXXXX DONTPORT". ;-)
> > The idea is to make easier for the app developers, as they know once
> > they fixed their application to work, it will work for at least 2
> > weeks.
>
> We are not usual app developers, we make use of kdelibs features once they
> appear and frequently they appear for us (remember katepart?).

Yes, you have your legitimate needs and we have ours.

Yesterday I checked out the latest kdelibs, compiled fine. Then the latest
KDevelop, compile breaks :-(
This is exactly what I am fearing, frequently breaking KDevelop.
I know I am a developer and might be able to fix this, but I do not want to
work on KDevelop in the moment, my priority is Quanta.

What about the future? Do you really believe that you always immediately need
the changes in kdelibs to continue your development? I mean you can also hold
back your changes until the next snapshot is out, can't you?

Jens