gdb-mi: new bug

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Apr 27 17:43:08 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 14:55, you wrote:
> Hi Vladimir,
>
> When attaching to a process with multiple threads, I get an endless error
> "Thread ID -1 not known".
>
> It's hard to capture the output log, but copying by hand the commands:
>
> info frame
> -thread-select 5
> -thread-select 4
> -thread-select 3
> -thread-select 2
> -thread-select 1
> -thread-select -1
>
> Then the error about thread not known.

I'm surprised you've got that far ;-) For me, attaching to MT programs works
absolutely fine, except that KDevelop does not show the source, stack,
variables and in fact anything. The root of the problem is that in MI, the
attach functionality is ehm... not implemented. I guess I need to dig into my
dirty hacks toolbox.

- Volodya