Google Summer of Code 2006 Project proposals

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Mon Apr 24 12:00:17 UTC 2006

Hi Hamish!

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 10:55, Hamish Rodda wrote:
> The approach being taken by active developers is our internal parser, and
> we are confident that with time it will get up to scratch.  Currently I'm
> refactoring it from stdlib to qt, to make it more accessibile to myself and
> other developers for hacking.
wow Hamish! rpp2 is just great :-) please Hamish rename it in rpp (or
preprocessor?) and remove the old rpp code. We don't need crap-stl code now
that we have *cute* Qt code ;-)

> So unless there's someone willing to mentor a potentially competing method
> for parsing support (and kdevelop-pg will cover not just c++ but as many
> other languages as parser definitions are written) then the only SoC
> project on parsing + related features that makes sense to me is working on
> the internal stuff.
kdevelop-pg needs a lot of work. For instance it would be nice to have the
support for:
  - error recovery (correcting and non correcting)
  - backtracking and LL(k) support
  - better AST generation
  - and so on...

ciao robe