KDevelop 3.4 release schedule

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Apr 20 14:18:08 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 16:03, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> On 4/20/06, Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs.msu.su> wrote:
> > - Variable tooltips
>
> That sure would be nifty, but.. have you found a way to make that
> work? Last time I checked, katepart didn't implement the interface
> needed (KTextEditor::TextHintInterface). Has this changed?

Some user (unfortunately don't remember who) provided a valuable insight into
this. We probable need "smart tooltips", like in Visual Studio, so you can
browse complex types by clicking "+" markers in tooltip. That requires custom
tooltip class (even in Qt4), and last time I tried to add variable tooltip I
made it work except that QToolTip was a bit unreliable. With custom class,
I'm sure it can be done.

To clarify -- Kate misses the code to show tooltip, but it has the code to
notify then tooltip has to be shown.

- Volodya