KDevelop 3.4 release schedule

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Thu Apr 20 13:51:09 UTC 2006

On Thursday 20 April 2006 00:28, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 April 2006 17:32, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > I was just trying to be polite.
> >
> > > Do you have a release schedule in mind?
> >
> > This weekend - Alpha 1
> > In two weeks - Beta 1
>
> But why don't we just merge gdb-mi and release beta1 now.
> 3.4 is not really alpha software (apart from probably gdb-mi which is
> not yet known). PHP debugger was never committed so no alpha code
> is there.

For me, any release strategy is fine -- I don't work to push more work on
anybody. I'll explain where we stand with MI branch, and then you can decide.

The first round of conversion, including using MI commands and changing
internal architecture is mostly done. I've tested on some small programs and
thing seem to work. Rough edges *are* possible.

I've two large pending changes. One is making variable widget use gdb's
"variable objects", which should have positive effect on performance and
allow us to detect when watched variable (not watchpoint!), goes out of
scope. This is in progress. I expect to be done in at most a week.

Another is watchpoints fixup I've talked about today. I don't have any
estiamate yet, but this is local change, so can be merged later.

Beyond that, I have two near future goals that I want implemented for KDevelop
3.4:

- Improved debugger configuration

   - Better support for remote target
   - Ability to configure several debug targets.

- Variable tooltips

Those two things can be done in about a month.

- Volodya