Watchpoint issues

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:31:19 UTC 2006

On 4/20/06, Vladimir Prus <ghost at cs.msu.su> wrote:

>   - Gdb does not provide a mechanism to reliably identify "same scope".

I guess this makes the discussion rather academic, but.. if I
understand you correctly, this means that if I want to use watchpoints
to look at the intermediate steps of a calculation in a utility
function that uses local variables, I have to put a breakpoint at the
start of the function and every time that breakpoint is hit I need to
manually reenable the relevant watchpoints?

Pity. :(

// jens