KDevelop 3.4 release schedule

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 15:01:15 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 19 April 2006 10:31, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I plan to tag KDevelop 3.4 alpha 1 this weekend.
>
> Vladimir you can merge the MI branch for alpha 2.
>
> Is that ok to you all ?
I was hoping to do something with the C# support, but I haven't had time. A
guy was about to add projects for the mono gtk# bindings, and a c# console
project, but he disappeared without producing anything. I'm very keen on
adding C# support to KDevelop in the long term, but if we are really starting
to release this weekend, it would be best to remove the C# part.

I would also like to do more for the Rails support before the KDevelop 3.4
final release, and to me this 'alpha release' is just too early to have time
to do anything. It seems we've only just released KDevelop 3.3 with KDE
3.5.2, and I'd like a month or two more really. I don't see any hurry as
KDevelop 4 is still a long way off.

It would be nice to have some SOC projects for KDevelop, but KDevelop 4 is at
a too early stage for students to help out easily. But jpetso's suggesting
for writing a C# parser is great, and I'm very keen on that.

-- Richard