KDE/kdevelop/lib/interfaces

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Fri Apr 14 10:40:16 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 06:31, Matt Rogers wrote:
> SVN commit 529666 by mattr:
>
> revert revision 529410 which allows compilation with snapshot.
> KDevelop tracks trunk and has for quite some time now.

Ok, let's comment on this. I know it is cool to follow trunk and it
might even make sense in some cases. But the problem is that if only
kdevelop follows trunk it will be very hard to develop using
kdelibs4_snapshot and have kdesdk/kdebase/whatever compiled and the
kdevelop platform.

If you want to keep developing against trun, I suggest breaking kdevelop
now into platform and kdevelop, and keep the platform compilable
against the snapshot and the rest against trunk.

Andras