File tree and file selector tabs in kdevelop

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Fri Apr 14 08:15:08 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 April 2006 09:47, Tim Harper wrote:
> There are few things I'd like to give a whack at for kdevelop, with the
> file tree and file selector panes:
>
> * Merge the file tree and file selector panes.  Make a singular icon that
> will switch the views

Yes! Ideally, I'd want a single the file system browser window that:

  - does extra highlighting for files in project (like modified state, or
    whatever)
  - Has an extra icon "go to project root"

We don't need two different windows.

> * Right click on empty space gives you the option to create a new file in
> that folder

Looks reasonable. Maybe, have explicit "new" button in toolbar, too?

> In the "Quick go to file" dialog:
> * Have a space bar equal a wild card, so typing: "ap cont wid" would match
> "/application/controller/widget_controller.rb"

Can't comment, never used that window.

- Volodya