pydoc-kioslave

David Nolden david.nolden.kdevelop at art-master.de
Fri Apr 7 10:44:07 UTC 2006

Hi everybody! I'm new to this list.. I just downloaded the cvs and fixed a few
things, and there's probably more to come :)

I hope I'm right on this list with this mail..

First thing:
the pydoc-kioslave didn't work right(I use python 2.4), it didn't show all the
classes within modules, didn't show all sub-packages, links within pydoc:
didn't work right, and the module-index did not work. I first tried to fix
that by hand, and after some work I saw that python ships with a version that
is a lot better(shows all classes and types, and does it with a slightly
nicer layout and design)

To me it seems like kde_pydoc.py is based on an older version of pythons
pydoc.py. I think that the best way to stay up to date is not copying
pydoc.py and changing it a bit, but instead just writing a wrapper to the
original pydoc.py, so I did that. It works really fine(a lot better than the
old one did for me). The only problem might be that it depends on the
implementation of python's pydoc.py, so it might be possible that it doesn't
work with all versions of python, maybe a copy of python's pydoc.py and
inspect.py should be shipped with it, or a few functions/methods might be
copied out over again. Should it be used, kde_inspect.py is not needed
anymore.

As attachment I send my changed version of kde_pydoc.py, maybe someone can
test how it works with older versions of python, I send it as a suggestion
for cvs, and I hope that it wasn't used for anything else then the kioslave,
since I removed all functions not neccessary for that.

greetings, David Nolden