Seriously IMPRESSED by Microsoft! Implications for KDevelop4's new UI

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Fri Sep 23 14:59:05 UTC 2005

On Friday 23 September 2005 14:42, Adam Treat wrote:
> Hey Guys,
>
> We've been talking about our new KDevelop4 UI and I have to say I was
> seriously impressed by this video of Microsoft's new Office 12 UI.
>
> Please, have a look and keep an open mind.  The possibilities for
> KDevelop4's UI ....  WOW!
>
> http://channel9.msdn.com/showpost.aspx?postid=114720
>
> Adam
>
> PS I saw this from the KOffice thread Ariya brought up

I just wanted to point to a KMDI-like implementation that combines ideal
mode with dockable widgets. If you somehow have the chance to see it in
action, do so. Linke: http://www.divil.co.uk/net/controls/sanddock/
I saw it in action and was impressed ;) Also look at the small dock
indicators. Oh, and the stuff is written in .NET and not open source.

I didn't see the movie yet, though :)

--
Dominik