Direction of KDevelop4

Sascha Cunz sascha.cunz at tiscali.de
Fri Sep 16 16:51:04 UTC 2005

Am Freitag 16 September 2005 09:00 schrieb Vladimir Prus:
> On Friday 16 September 2005 01:34, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > On Wednesday 14 September 2005 20:51, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> > > On Tuesday 13 September 2005 00:57, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> > Ok, the document is now in wiki. Roberto, please review it.
> > http://kdevelop.org/mediawiki/index.php/Coding_Guidelines
>
> Not to start a flame war, but
> 1. You require vi modeline
I was about to add one this moring...

> 2. You don't give example of one in coding guidelines
:-)

> This makes me suspect you don't know how to write vi modelines. I surely
> don't, I use Emacs ;-)

... but do we really want to configure each file for use in kate(-part), vi,
Emacs and others? I prefer vi and kate and have no clue of emacs.

I realize that the only way to really enforce at least the same tab-width in a
file is to add those mode-lines. The ones who use vi(m) will sooner or later
add a vi-modeline anyway as it seems to be a consence of all kdevelop-coders
that tabs stop at every 4th char. (And this is really annoying) :)

So, my proposal is to publish a wiki-page where some (the ones used in
kdevelop) kate-modelines and their counterparts are listed.

Sascha