KDevelop kate templates

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Thu Sep 15 16:11:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 15 September 2005 15:58, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> Is the 2.2 and 2.5 Kate plugin interfaces identical? That's what the text
> in the patch implies. If they are.. why increment the interface version?
> If they aren't, I think there is a risk the suggested text just gets the
> user into trouble.
The templates will be compilable with both, KDE 3.x and 3.5 afaik, as they
do not use the changed interfaces.
The result on KDE 3.5 is just, that kate's plugin-loader will ignore the
plugin because of the wrong (i.e. too low) version.
Kate's interface changed due to the KMDI -> KateMDI migration.

--
Dominik