GDB/MI (Was: Embedded development)

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Wed Sep 14 11:39:06 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 11:21, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> As a side question: say I want to completely change visualization of a
> certain item in frame view. Instead of text, I want a combobox saying "More
> frames follows" and allowing to select a number of additional frames to
> show.
>
> How do I do that with Qt4 views architecture? It looks like I'd need
> QListView::setItemDelegate and that "special" item, which somewhat breaks
yes! the Delegate provides exactly this feature. Actually it provides only
this feature.

> separation. I would prefer it if QAbstractItemModel could specify specifing
> rendering code.
then all the views will look the same. You will be forced to subclass the View
to show the data differetly. Remember the model doesn't store data. The model
is just a mapping from data to indexes(== unique tokens/identifiers).

> > On the other hand, I think it would be a good idea to get the current gdb
> > debugger working with MI first, and the code as clean as possible before
> > trying to re-architect it. I would rather merge a working ruby debugger
> > with a working gdb debugger, and work out the common architecture for
> > KDevelop4 as we do that.
I like the idea. We can test if GDB/MI works!

> Let's see. First of all, I need to finish some work on current debugger
> (memory and register views). That goes to KDevelop 3.4 branch.
> Then I'd look at bugs -- some really better fixed. And then, I'll start
> playing with MI. That all is going to happen on KDevelop 3.4 branch,
> I don't know yet when I'll port this to Qt4.
we have a lot of time. KDevelop 4 is scheduled in 6-12 months :-)

ciao robe