GDB/MI (Was: Embedded development)

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Wed Sep 14 09:25:07 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 11:14, jbb wrote:

> > How about:
> > debuggers
> > debuggers/GDB_shell
>
> debuggers/GDB_shell should be debuggers/GDB_CLI, I suspect.
>
> > debuggers/GBD_MI
> > debuggers/ ....
> >
> > instead of
> > languages/c++/debugger
> > languages/java/debugger
>
> I think this is a good suggestion. What says you, Vladimir?

I'd so as far as suggest this:

  debugger/interfaces
  debugger/ui
  debugger/backend/gdb_mi
  debugger/backend/python

Where there will be some possible debugger interfaces (ValueAccess,
Breakpoints, MemoryReading) and specific backends will implement whatever
interfaces they can. The debugger UI will then query supported interfaces and
enable/disable the specific windows. Say, python debugger backend will report
that it can't display raw memory, and the memory viewer will disappear.

How does that sound?

- Volodya