can't build kdevelop 3.3 branch

maor vanmak maor.gm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 13:25:07 UTC 2005

On Monday, 12 בSeptember 2005 12:28, Amilcar do Carmo Lucas wrote:
> On Saturday 10 September 2005 21:59, maor wrote:
> > The problem is that i can't pass the configure,the configure script can't
> > find the berkeley db altough the parameters are specfied .
> >
> > Those are the parameters .
> > ./configure --prefix=`kde-config --prefix` \
> >  --enable-debug=full \
> >  --with-db-lib=db-3.3  \
> > --with-db-includedir=/usr/local/include \
> > --with-db-libdir=/usr/local/lib
> >
> > The error is :
> > checking for Berkeley DB >= 3... configure: error: no - please install
> > Berkeley DB >= 3 and <= 4.1
>
> It works fine on SuSE 9.1 with BDB 4.0
> I think you are using one or two wrong parameters.
>
> try instaling DBD-devel 3.3

I'm working on archlinux where there is onle bdb 4.3 , so i compiled bdb 3.3
and 4.0 from source (installed with bdb 4.3), but with both i can't pass
configure .
The weird thing is that with bdb 4.3 (as parameter to configure)  it pass the
configure and also compile , but at runtime kdevelop get froze when code
completion is working .