inter-plugin dependencies and BC

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Thu Sep 8 21:30:10 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 September 2005 20:50, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 08:38 am, you wrote:
> > an instance can implement more then one type of extension.. And the cool
> > thing about the extension framework is that different instances
> > comunicate using "abstract classes" (handles). So they don't have to link
> > with a library. If you're interesting I can write a small example that
> > show how to use the extension framework from two different plugins
>
> I would like to see an example, as this doesn't seem to explain to me how
> to do implementations that are independent of the binary compatibility of
> their interface.

Roberto, take a look at the attachment. Am I correct?
Ian, in case I'm correct with the example, we can use extensions as well.
Looks like there's some manual work involved, for example, factories should
be created. But we can easily automate this.

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine