R++ based XML Generator.

Steven T. Hatton hattons at globalsymmetry.com
Sat Sep 3 08:54:05 UTC 2005

On Saturday 03 September 2005 02:16, Steven T. Hatton wrote:

> I'm not sure if there's anything wrong with the current r++ AST, or if I
> just don't understand it.  The approach shown above might be useful to
> someone if they do think the AST nodes should be zero-initialized.  A
> factory approach might also work.  Of course, they could always be
> initialized per instance when created.

On second thought, I now realize that's the problem.  They ARE zero
initialized.  The first token is `namespace'.

 std::string XmlTree::_describeToken(size_t index, const std::string& name,
AST* node) {
    return "\n"
      +_functionCallString(node)
      +"index:"+itos(index)+" "
      +"token:"+name+" "
      +describeToken(_tokenStream[index])+"\n";
  }
<diagnostic>
XmlTree::visitUnqualifiedName(UnqualifiedName* node)index:0 token:tilde
kind:namespace,position:38,size:0,extra:none
</diagnostic>

Perhasp they could be set to std::numeric_limits<size_t>::max() if not used?
Or perhaps I should simply test to see if they are zero?
--
Regards,
Steven