A New idea for kdevelop IDE

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Mon Oct 31 23:11:02 UTC 2005

I don't like your idea as it requires to much on behalf of the user.

As Jens has said, you could simply organize your methods and place //BEGIN
and //END around the parts you don't want to see.  What else does adding
other special comments give you?

On Monday 31 October 2005 4:48 pm, Vinay Khaitan wrote:
> I hope, you differentiate between code-folding and organisation!
> code-folding+comments are useless for what I am asking for.
> think again over the idea.
>
> On Tuesday 01 November 2005 03:11, Jens Dagerbo wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > This sounds a lot like something that could be solved with simple "code
> > folding", which is supported by katepart (the default editor in
> > KDevelop).
> >
> > Enclose a block of code with
> >
> > //BEGIN helper functions go here
> > //END
> >
> > and the editor with offer this block as collapsible.

I'm running a Marathon in December!
HELP ME SAVE LIVES and Donate Today!
http://helpmesavelives.blogspot.com/