SVN support in kdevelop 3.4

Jens Dagerbo jens.dagerbo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 16:38:03 UTC 2005

I respectfully disagree.

All settings go into the .kdevelop (the project) file. The .kdevses (the
session) file represents the "last state" of the application. It is not
meant for storing any settings.

I know some would like a "shared" project file and are pointing their finger
at the .kdevelop file saying it should be a revision controlled file, but
this is quite obviously not how KDevelop was designed.

Simple proof: Unload and reload your plugin. If you rely on the session
data, you just lost all your settings. (And this is exactly what happens to
the subversion plugin.)

Come KDevelop4 we need to look at this properly, but for KDevelop3 - user
settings go into the .kdevelop file.

// jens