SVN support in kdevelop 3.4

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Oct 28 15:46:02 UTC 2005

On 25.10.05 15:17:44, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 25.10.05 09:50:05, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> > secondly, I did not get any of these reports,
>
> I had some time yesterday and started to find the way how the vcs-plugin
> is loaded... I found that the restoreProjectSession function in the
> vcs-plugin is never called, but couldn't find out why (yet). This is
> probably one main cause of all the trouble as now the plugin uses
> svn+http://blah/blub as svn url, which of course doesn't work. The other
> source of trouble I could identify is that the vcs-plugin has no means
> of setting the base url via the UI and doesn't read it from the
> .svn-files. I mean if svn info shows the url that is used in a working
> copy, the vcs plugin or the svn ioslave should be able to get the same
> information.

I had some time today to check what's going on. It seems that the
problem is, that the vcsmanager is loading the correct plugin after
getting the projectOpened signal. Thus the subversion plugin doesn't get
a restoreProjectSession call and the session-part for subversion is not
read. I tried to implement a restorePartialProjectSession that "saves"
the DomElement and execute pl->restorePartialProjectSession when the
real subversion plugin is loaded. Unfortunately this doesn't really
work - the QDomElement (even thoug copied via cloneNode()) is not
accessible at that point.

As I don't really know what I'm doing here, I currently can't find the
"right" way to do this. Maybe it's possible to load the correct plugin
already during initialisation of the vcsmanager, either that or the
subversion plugin needs to be reworked, such that it doesn't need to
read the svn-url from the session file...

You will lose your present job and have to become a door to door mayonnaise
salesman.