Profile issues

Vladimir Prus ghost at cs.msu.su
Tue Oct 25 10:22:03 UTC 2005

Hi,
I have some issues with the "profile" mechanism of KDevelop.

I wrote a customized version of the "new project" wizard.
Clearly, I don't want two "new project" menu entries to appear, so I create a
new profile "myprofile" and add "kdevappwizard" (the standard one) to the list
of explicitly disabled plugins.

There are two problems:

1. My new plugin is loaded in all cases, is there any way to load it only if
current profile is "myprofile". Now I need to add my plugin to the list of
explicitly disabled plugins for "C++ IDE" profile, which is not nice.

2. Say, I run kdevelop as "kdevelop --profile myprofile". On load, KDevelop
opens the last project, which happens to use "C++ IDE" profile. So, this
immediately disabeles my custom plugin. The only way to get my plugin loaded
is to open a project using "myprofile" as profile, but I can't create such
project, because the plugin in question is "new project" wizard.
(Well, I can't edit project file by hand, but that's not for ordinary users)

I get a similar problem with custom version of debugger plugin. Is there a
solution? What needs to be changed in code to address this issue?

- Volodya