Java grammar licensing (was: Re: KDevelop / Bachelor thesis)

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Mon Oct 24 11:43:02 UTC 2005

Hi Jakob!

the ANTLR based Java grammar is pretty good :-) remember that ANTLR is LL(k),
and it has some magic stuff to remove left ambiguites. Porting the ANTLR
grammar is not trivial :-)

I'm considering to improve kdevelop-pg with something like that.
The idea is to *minimize* the recognizer. I'm not 100% sure, but maybe I can
do it with MIHDA. More info here (only the first part of the paper is
interesting for kdevelop-pg)
http://www.it.uu.se/profundis/Year2/Deliv2/A.1.2.10.pdf

ciao robe