Multiple tag files patch

Etay Meiri etay.meiri at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 22:26:04 UTC 2005

> /home/cl/kde3/lib/libkhtml.so: undefined reference to
> > `KParts::WindowArgs::~WindowArgs()'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> > Error creating ./src/kdevelop. Exit status 1.
> >
> > Do I need kdelib4_snapshot?
> >

> Hmm.. no, you should in theory only need KDE-3.2 installed, but apparently
> that doesn't work right now. KDE-3.4 should be enough though. What KDE
> version are you compiling against?

Problem solved. Nothing that good old make clean & make can't do....

 I'm a bit sceptical of putting the tag creation/selection in the toolview.
> > > think these are actions that are performed fairly rarely and as such
> > > maybe
> > > they shouldn't be allowed to use up regular UI space. I think a new
> > > dialog
> > > for this is probably the best way to do it.
> >

> > You mean a new dialog that you bring up with a button "create tag
> > files"?
> >

> Something like that, yeah. It could replace the current, somewhat
> mysterious, "Regenerate" button and move all the database maintenance away
> from the main UI.

OK, I'll put together something and post it to the list.

I know the plugin should probably warn the user if no tags file are present,
> but so far I haven't gotten around to implementing that.

Existing code can either display the tag file's date or say that "no tag
files found".
Right now I'm keeping this behavior. When we've got multiple tag files I'm
not sure
we want to display any date. What I was thinking of for the next step is to
update
the tag file whenever you save the source file.

// jens

Etay Meiri
etay.meiri at gmail.com