Update on KDevelop4 branch

Sascha Cunz sascha at kdevelop.org
Tue Oct 18 21:15:06 UTC 2005

Hi,
Am Dienstag 18 Oktober 2005 16:41 schrieb Adam Treat:
[...]
> Sacu has imported his appwizard code into the kdevelop4 branch and updated
> it accordingly.  This was done a little bit ago.  Sacu is working on
> porting adymo's property editor to Qt4.
[...]
> Adam

That's not completely correct. The progress so far is, that I have:

 - imported the appwizard from kdevelop3 branch.

 - ported it to Qt4

 - patched Qt4, so KTar works (No useable response from
   TT through roberto yet; think I'll have to bother
   qt-bugs with this issue)

 - disabled all stuff that cannot be used currently:
   CustomOptions and VCS (We're having no implementation for both right now)

 - imported Kdevelop3 branch's c/c++ templates

 - restructured the tree of those templates to tell that
   these are templates for KDE3 (actually, apps created from
   those templates don't work - the don't find cpp plugin)

 - kept it somewhat up to date with kdelibs4_snapshot

So far, that's in SVN. Further, i've locally changed it to use a model for all
apptemplates. I'm in the process of moving the template instanciation into
the model. But all of that does not compile very much - and my time is a
little low this month.

After that is done, i'm going to reactivate the stuff i've disabled along the
porting to a model-based system. That is: Favourites.

For the other stuff i've no replacement yet - and i'm not working on a port of
the property editor. I'm instead waiting on the KOffice one to appear in
kdelibs. As time comes, i might also port that one myself. But not now.

Cheers Sascha

Sascha Cunz          sascha at kdevelop.org
KDevelop Developer   http://www.kdevelop.org