Update on KDevelop4 branch

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Tue Oct 18 16:59:08 UTC 2005

Things are moving along in kdevelop4 branch.

Hamish recently merged his katepart from trunk to snapshot which drastically
improved the stability of KDevelop4 when opening files ;)  Of course, coolo
just updated snapshot so who knows what'll happen now...

Hamish also was kind enough to hack around a nasty set of bugs with KToolbar*
and kdevelop/src/newui/* having to do with KParts::MainWindow and the rest of
kdelibs4 GUI infrastructure still using the Q3* classes.

Meanwhile, I've seriously overhauled the partcontrolller errr
documentcontroller interface and implementation and fixed some bugs and new
features with my new documentview part.

Mattr has gone ahead and started the new cpplanguagesupport part and I took
his lead and hooked up Roberto's parser via Mirko's threadweaver library...
the upshot is we have a BackgroundParser working and ready for all your
parsing needs :)  It returns a TranslationUnit AST, but the preprocessor does
not work yet nor is this hooked up to the Problem Reporter or Code Model.. so
it is slightly less than useful at the moment ;)

Mattr has also been working on porting the automake project manager to the new
Project Manager code base and seems to be making progress.  We all anxiously
await his commits...

Sacu has imported his appwizard code into the kdevelop4 branch and updated it
accordingly.  This was done a little bit ago.  Sacu is working on porting
adymo's property editor to Qt4.

In yet more news Hamish has been making rumblings in porting the debugger and
valgrind parts into kdevelop4 branch.  He's even using the new Model/View
classes, but it isn't fully operational as of yet.

More to come...

Roberto, Harald, you guys seem to have fallen off the face of the earth
again...  what is going on guys?

Adam

--
I'm running a Marathon in December!