Proposed patch for makefile variables

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Sat Oct 15 06:00:09 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 11:36, Hans wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to get a patch into version 3.3 of kdevelop.  I am new to
> this mailing list, so I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about
> this, but I thought I would just send the patch and hope it gets in.
>
> This is to fix a problem with custom makefiles in which variables in
> targets and include statements are not being handled correctly.  This
> patch will parse makefile variables when they are defined and substitute
> them when they are used.  It also will substitute any environment
> variables defined under the build options configuration box.
>
> I don't know if there is a bug associated with this, but I searched for
> one and couldn't find one.  Does there need to be one filed before this
> patch is applied?
>
> Feedback on the patch is welcome.  I tested it on a couple of makefiles,
> but more review and testing would be welcome as well.

I have this patch. It's basically waiting for me to review it, which I'll do
when I get home from California. Since it's a bugfix, it'll probably go into
KDevelop 3.3 or KDevelop 3.3.1, depending on how long it takes for it to
actually be committed into SVN.

If you don't see a mail from me within a week with comments about your patch,
please let me know.

Thanks
--
Matt