Patch Questions

Hans hans at winternet.com
Fri Oct 14 21:39:06 UTC 2005

Hello,

I sent a patch in a couple days ago.  I understand the developers are very
busy, and I'm not trying to pester anyone, but I have a couple of
questions that I hope I can get answers to.

Here are my questions:
1.  Did I send the patch to the right mailing list?
2.  Did I send enough information about the bug I was hoping to fix?
3.  Does there need to a Bugzilla bug filed before a patch is applied?
4.  Will it be possible to get this into the next release of kdevelop?
5.  Is there anything else that I need to send, e.g. sample Makefiles that
are fixed by this, etc?
6.  Was my patch received by the list?  I'm always a little suspicious
that my e-mail (or a response to it) will get blocked by spam filters.

Thank you for any information that you can give me.  Since I'm a newbie to
this list, I'm hoping that you'll tolerate my ignorance. :-)

Thanks,

- Hans Erickson
  hans at winternet.com