debugging a kpart

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Oct 9 19:49:04 UTC 2005

Hi,

I already tried to get answers from kde-devel and kdevelop lists but
didn't really get answers there. So maybe the developers of kdevelop
know how to debug a kpart from within kdevelop using it's integrated
debugger?

My problem is that setting breakpoints doesn't work, I think the gdb in
kdevelop doesn't find the source files and I have no idea why. Debugging
in the main program works fine and I installed the part+program and then
created symlinks from the <project>/debug/ directory to my install
location.

I checked the developer FAQ on developer.kde.org but the solution there
is not really suitable for me, as I'm not running gdb standalone.

Also kdbg has no problems when I load my app and then open a
KPart-Sourcefile and set a breakpoint there.

If you can read this, you're too close.