Change the License of the C++ parser

Roberto Raggi roberto at kdevelop.org
Fri Nov 18 10:33:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 17 November 2005 19:57, Mathieu Chouinard wrote:
> On November 17, 2005 11:41, Roberto Raggi wrote:
> > On Thursday 17 November 2005 17:27, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > > Another question about parsers in general. Someone told me that Eclipse
> > > uses some free parsers, can't we take one from there instead of writing
> > > our own? Just asking, I don't mean to flame or anything!
> >
> > no we can't ... the eclipse license is incompatible with GPL :( more info
> > on eclipse.org
> >
> > ciao robe
>
> it would be nice if you added some documentations :)
> Mathieu

for Mathieu the lazy guy...

http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

Common Public License Version 1.0
This is a free software license but it is incompatible with the GPL.
The Common Public License is incompatible with the GPL because it has various
specific requirements that are not in the GPL.

For example, it requires certain patent licenses be given that the GPL does
not require. (We don't think those patent license requirements are inherently
a bad idea, but nonetheless they are incompatible with the GNU GPL.)

Eclipse Public License Version 1.0
The Eclipse Public License is similar to the Common Public License, and our
comments on the CPL apply equally to the EPL. The only change is that the EPL
removes the broader patent retaliation language regarding patent infringement
suits specifically against Contributors to the EPL'd program.

ciao robe