"Clear all breakpoints" code question

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Thu Nov 10 20:56:03 UTC 2005

On Thursday 10 November 2005 15:50, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> How could m_table->item return null? If we go from the last row index
> to 0, then row index should always be in the range, and item will
> return something. Could it be due to bug in prior Qt version?

If you use the attached version with debug outputs (and enable the 24000
debug area) you will see:

Quanta: numRows: 6
Quanta: Removing row: 5
Quanta: removeBreakpoint: remove row: 5
Quanta: Removing row: 4 <-- starting from here the breakpoints are not
really removed!
Quanta: Removing row: 3
Quanta: Removing row: 2
Quanta: Removing row: 1
Quanta: Removing row: 0
Quanta: numRows: 5
Quanta: Removing row: 4
Quanta: removeBreakpoint: remove row: 4
Quanta: Removing row: 3
Quanta: removeBreakpoint: remove row: 3
Quanta: Removing row: 2
Quanta: removeBreakpoint: remove row: 2
Quanta: Removing row: 1
Quanta: removeBreakpoint: remove row: 1
Quanta: Removing row: 0
Quanta: removeBreakpoint: remove row: 0

I can reproduce this if I set/clear the breakpoints while the debugger
is running. So actually, the problem might lie in the
   if (bp->isPending() && !bp->isDbgProcessing())
check.

And might workaround seems to not work in every case. :-( Altough the
above log suggest that all breakpoints were removing, in the GDB
console I can verify that actually 3 are active. Maybe gdb must be
stopped before removing the breakpoint? You know that code better, so
hopefully you can find a real solution.

Andras