A New idea for kdevelop IDE

Kuba Ober kuba at mareimbrium.org
Tue Nov 1 18:54:06 UTC 2005

> what should happen is that, they declare functions and member variables
> even in .cpp file(member within a function). then press a context sensitive
> keyboard shortcut/sequence(not applicationwide shortucts), and they would
> become either private/protected/public/signals/slots/functions/members of
> class automatically. (I know about F2 make member, but that is different
> thing)

I guess those things could be easy to do once we'd expose Kate's editor buffer
and the change signals to a Lisp runtime. Then such things (including the C++
parser etc.) could be easily coded as Lisp scripts.

\me ducks and runs.

But in all seriousness, I think that many of the code manipulations that are
simple to express, but hard to code in C++, become either much simpler or
almost trivial when coded in something higher level than bare C++.

Kuba