aKademy 2005 Call for Papers

Harald Fernengel harry at kdevelop.org
Sun May 29 21:22:11 UTC 2005

Hi,

On Saturday 28 May 2005 22:57, Alexander Dymo wrote:
> On Saturday 28 May 2005 19:52, Jonathan Riddell wrote:
> > A reminder that the deadline for Akademy talks is soon, let's hear
> > what has been happening in KDevelop.  Talks to akademy-team at kde.org
>
> Harald, shall we continue our traditional series of KDevelop talks?
> Shall I prepare an abstract?

afaik Ian volunteered to hold the talk this year since people might get bored
seeing me over and over again :) (So I'll do it only if Ian chickens out)

Last year, I wrote the abstract generic enough so that it could be recycled
for the next few aKademies :)

========

KDevelop has come a long way from a hack to integrate an editor with some
build tools to a fully plugin-based, multi-language development environment
with extensive support for all kinds of development tools.
This presentation will give an overview of KDevelop's powerful features to
rapidly develop applications. Topics include project management, version
control, debugging as well as integrating your own tools and documentation.
The main focus lies on Qt/KDE development, but also touches scripting
projects (perl, php, python) and other languages/frameworks. Finally, it will
be shown how to extend the IDE by writing custom plugins.
The talk is intended for everyone interested in developing software. Basic
knowledge about programming is presumed.

========

Harald